DHCP Redundancy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DHCP Redundancy Forum

DHCP Redundancy for free

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to DHCP-RedundancyBack to DHCP-Redundancy  

How do I change the default polling time ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
BRIMAR

How do I change the default polling time ? Empty
PostSubject: How do I change the default polling time ?   How do I change the default polling time ? Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2010 6:19 am

Hi Everybody,

Fantastic tool........ very simple to deploy, installed in less than an hour and working perfectly.

So, It's possible to modify the pooling time of the DHCP Redundancy Services because I have a backup agent take a backup of all systems tools
and stop/start my dhcp services.

Thank you for your efforts.
Martin
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do I change the default polling time ?   How do I change the default polling time ? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2010 12:59 am

Yes, great idea.
Should I include the possibility to change the response time or the possibility to configure a time-span where the redundancy service will ignore the status of the main DHCP?
Maybe both...
I'll will take a look at this.
Back to top Go down
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com
theo22

PostSubject: I need this badly   How do I change the default polling time ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 2:04 pm

So I'm getting ready to deploy this thing in our enterprise and I just noticed that every time my scheduled task runs to do an export, I get an email saying the service is down and it fails over to the backup. Then when the export is done, it fails back. I need a way to control the timing of this thing or at least a mechanism to only failover after 'x' amount of failures or maybe even both. Without a way to control this, everyone in my group is going to get emailed and eventually they are just going to ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: How do I change the default polling time ?   How do I change the default polling time ? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 10:43 pm

In the file dhcp-backup.bat on your main DHCP server, check that the UNCpath is the same on all three lines, eg:

echo "exporting configuration" > "\\server1\c$\program files\dhcp-redundancy\Exporting.txt"
netsh dhcp server export "\\server1\c$\program files\dhcp-redundancy\DHCP-Backup.txt" all
del "\\server1\c$\program files\dhcp-redundancy\Exporting.txt"
Back to top Go down
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How do I change the default polling time ?   How do I change the default polling time ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How do I change the default polling time ?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DHCP Redundancy Forum :: DHCP-Redundancy :: DHCP-Redundancy Installation-
Jump to: