DHCP Redundancy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DHCP Redundancy Forum

DHCP Redundancy for free

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to DHCP-RedundancyBack to DHCP-Redundancy  

YEs! Thanks for this......

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kcampila

YEs! Thanks for this...... Empty
PostSubject: YEs! Thanks for this......   YEs! Thanks for this...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:26 am

Finally got it running after a day of confusion..hehehe anyways....

tested on all scenario's shut down the 1st dhcp server and the 2nd dhcp server dhcp service went up and vice versa (a time range of 1 minute or less)

from a multiscope dhcp server to another..

thanks for this
Back to top Go down
kcampila

PostSubject: 3 DHCP Server Set-up?   YEs! Thanks for this...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:28 am

how will this owrk on a 3 server configuration (Paranoid setup) heheheh
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YEs! Thanks for this......   YEs! Thanks for this...... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:49 am

No, it will not work. Just 2 servers, 1 active and 1 standby.
Back to top Go down
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com
kcampila

PostSubject: Re: YEs! Thanks for this......   YEs! Thanks for this...... Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 2:12 am

i re tested again a scenario of Primary DHCP down , yes , the 2ndary DHCP server went up , but i i stopped the 2ndary DHCP the Primary DHCP service didnt start?

am i on the right track or its designed only for one way redundancy?

but when i restarted the primary DHCP(service) server the 2ndary DHCP service stopped

just confused.............. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: YEs! Thanks for this......   YEs! Thanks for this...... Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 1:59 pm

You shall not start or stop the second service, that is controlled by the redundancy service. When the main service goes down the second one starts automatically, and when you get the main server up again the second will stop automatically. The second server is just a backup while you fix the main server.
Back to top Go down
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: YEs! Thanks for this......   YEs! Thanks for this...... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

YEs! Thanks for this......
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
DHCP Redundancy Forum :: DHCP-Redundancy :: DHCP-Redundancy in real life-
Jump to: