DHCP Redundancy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DHCP Redundancy Forum

DHCP Redundancy for free

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to DHCP-RedundancyBack to DHCP-Redundancy  

Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lantana

Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value? Empty
PostSubject: Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value?   Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value? Icon_minitimeSat May 08, 2010 5:41 pm

Would lit be possible to make the timout value for the UP and DOWN E-Mail Notifications longer.

The program works great and does what it is soppose too.

The problem I have is the following;

When the PRIMARY DHCP Server updates the DHCP database on the SECONDARY Server, it has to turn off the DHCP Service on the PRIMARY then copy the DHCP database to the SECONDARY then turn the service back on.

This scenario causes the E-Mail notifications to be sent out each time a the DHCP Service gets stopped by an "Schedualed Task" which is every two hours. This also happens run the .bat manually.

My idea is to add another loop in the config for the DHCP-Redundancy service to check the server DHCP service 1-2 more minutes after it has flapped before it sends out the E-Mail notification. If second loop check is true for NO-Services, send E-Mail DOWN. If second loop if false for DHCP-Service-Up, dont send E-Mail Down.

Let me know what I can do to help.

Thanks,
Lantana
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value?   Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value? Icon_minitimeMon May 10, 2010 12:11 pm

DHCP-Backup.bat creates the file Exporting.txt while the main DHCP service does the export, and the DHCP-Redundancy service looks if this file exists. While the file exists the DHCP-redundancy service ignores the status of the main DHCP service.
In the file dhcp-backup.bat on your main DHCP server, check that the UNCpath is the same on all three lines, eg:

echo "exporting configuration" > "\\server1\c$\program files\dhcp-redundancy\Exporting.txt"
netsh dhcp server export "\\server1\c$\program files\dhcp-redundancy\DHCP-Backup.txt" all
del "\\server1\c$\program files\dhcp-redundancy\Exporting.txt"

See:
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com/dhcp-redundancy-installation-f1/help-this-thing-flaps-on-every-export-t54.htm?sid=362b62bcf7cdbca50f07ff891cbea71f
Back to top Go down
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com

Sche Task:E-Mail Notification - Make a longer timeout value?
Page 1 of 1