DHCP Redundancy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DHCP Redundancy Forum

DHCP Redundancy for free

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to DHCP-RedundancyBack to DHCP-Redundancy  

How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service

Go down 
AuthorMessage
REMYY

How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service Empty
PostSubject: How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service   How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service Icon_minitimeWed Jul 20, 2011 4:12 am

Hi,

Before installing this product, I have a small question.

I'm working with two servers : Windows server 2003 R2 and Windows server 2008 R2 ( DC01 & DC02 ).

The DHCP service is running on the DC01 and I would like to install DHCP Redundancy on DC02. But I would like to know how it checks the status of the primary DHCP service.

The two servers are virtuals and DC01 is stored on a SAN linked with iSCSI and DCO2 is stored in another one. When the storage of the DC01 goes down, the virtual machine can always be ping BUT the service is DOWN. That's why I need more information about how DHCP redundancy checks the status of the primary DHCP service.

If it is just a ping of the machine, DHCP redundancy would have no effect and would be totally inefficient. On antoher hand, if it try to speak to the primary DHCP service, DHCP REDUNDANCY would be helpfull !

Can someone bring me more information about the process?

Thanks !

REMYY
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service Empty
PostSubject: Re: How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service   How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2011 10:30 am

It requests the status information from the DHCP-Server service and if the answer is incorrect or no answer at all it starts the secondary DHCP-Server.
Back to top Go down
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com

How does DHCP redundance check the primary DHCP service
Page 1 of 1