DHCP Redundancy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DHCP Redundancy Forum

DHCP Redundancy for free

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to DHCP-RedundancyBack to DHCP-Redundancy  

SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pondhopp

SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3 Empty
PostSubject: SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3   SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:38 am

I have a SBS 2003 server and an eval version of Win Server 2k3. Trying to determine how much of a fail-over the Windows Server can be. I setup the DHCP redundancy, and it works like a charm, or so I thought. Yesterday, I had to hard reset the server (don't ask) and the DHCP redundant came online like it should, but on the SBS server, this came up...

ID 1053
The DHCP/BINL service on this computer running Windows Server 2003 for Small Business Server has encountered another server on this network with IP Address, --.--.--.--, belonging to the domain: .

I know this is sbs and it doesn't want another DHCP server running, but wondering if I have to flip the role (sbs is backup) instead of the way I have it, or if there is a reg key I can change that doesn't let sbs check if another DHCP is on.
Back to top Go down
Pondhopp

PostSubject: SBS 2003   SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 16, 2009 7:48 am

nevermind, I happened to find it.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\DHCPServer\Parameters]
“DisableRogueDetection”=dword:00000001
Back to top Go down
syoung19

PostSubject: SBS DHCP detection   SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 3:22 pm

Pondhopp, thanks for the REG setting, worked perfectly.

Do we know if the Rogue Detection is only a "feature" of SBS03?

Stefan, thanks for an elegant and simple DHCP redundancy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3   SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SBS 2003 and Win Server 2k3
Page 1 of 1