DHCP Redundancy Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
DHCP Redundancy Forum

DHCP Redundancy for free

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  Back to DHCP-RedundancyBack to DHCP-Redundancy  

Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Lingarin

Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server Empty
PostSubject: Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server   Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:24 pm

2 DHCP servers, one the primary and one the backup. They are both running Windows Server 2003 Standard Edition x64 in English. I set up the DHCP redundancy as per the instructions. I stop the service on the primary server and I watch the secondary server take the DHCP-Backup.txt file, change it to DHCP-Backup.sync, and then finally, DHCP-Backup.old. The DHCP service on the backup starts up fine. However, when I go into make sure the sync has completely successfully, i find that there are no scopes on the backup. In the event log it says that sync has completed without a problem. So, then just as a test I did a netsh dhcp server import DHCP-backup.old, this imported all of the scopes fine. So the DHCP-Backup.txt file is fine and contains all the scopes. Then, I started DHCP on the primary again. The secondary disables DHCP like it should. Finally, I stop DHCP on the primary again, and when the secondary resyncs, I end up with no scopes again. So the syncing is actually happening, it just isn't importing any information. Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Lingarin

PostSubject: Re: Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server   Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 3:30 pm

Ooops, one more thing, though I don't think it is related. I do get an error in the Event log saying that an Email could not be sent when the primary fails. However, an email is sent fine when the primary comes back online.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server   Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 12:27 pm

Start the DHCP-Redundancy config utility and stop the service in the menu.
Click advanced settings and enable debug, save the settings.
Start the service again from the menu.
Wait two minutes, stop the main dhcp service, wait two minutes after the second DHCP service is up, start the main DHCP service again and again wait two minutes.
Disable debugging with the config utility.
In the installation directory there is now a file named debug.txt, please mail it to me.
Back to top Go down
https://dhcp-redundancy.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server   Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sync seems to erase all scope information on second server
Page 1 of 1